- Dive the world largest reef system
- Combine the pelagics of the Coral Sea with the biodiversity of the Great Barrier Reef.
- 2-3 shark attraction or feed dives with 100’s of reef sharks.
- Dive the famous Ribbon Reefs with its human size Potato Cod
- Have awesome pelagic encounters at the exciting Osprey Reef
- Good chance of Sea Snake encounters
- In season (June – July) there is the possibility of Minke Whale encounters
- Stay aboard Australia’s most awarded liveaboard Spoilsport
One of the seven wonders of the natural world, the Great Barrier Reef is home to such an incredible amount of life and it has biodiversity of epic proportions! It is huge, comprising of over 3000 individual reef systems it can even be seen from space. Considered as a true bucket list dive trip, this location intrigues divers from all over the world who come to experience the world’s largest living organism.
On this 450 nautical mile adventure you will combine the Great Barrier Reef with its awesome biodiversity and the dramatic walls of the Coral Sea which is home to some epic pelagic marine animals. You will also get the opportunity to visit Lizard Island where you can step back in time at the ruins of Mrs Watsons Cottage; walk through the Pandanas mangrove swamp, on a boardwalk; a stroll up Chinamans Ridge yields magnificent views of the Island and reefs below.
In the Great Barrier Reef a highlight will be visiting the Ribbon Reefs where you can encounter Potato Cod the size of an adult human being, its safe to say they are not shy and will approach divers which makes some outstanding photographic opportunities. In season (June – July) and with some luck, there is a chance you could encounter Minke Whales. While you may hear them on dives an encounter with one of these beautiful creatures will stay with you forever, always keep an eye in the blue; especially on safety stops. As you visit all the best Great Barrier Reef diving spots you could encounter Sea Snakes, Bumphead Parrotfish, Reef Sharks, Turtles and even Mantas in season.
In the Coral Sea you will experience blue azure waters which are a playground for Sharks and big fish action. You will visit the famous Osprey Reef where you will see large amounts of Reef Sharks and the possibility of other pelagics such as Mantas, Hammerheads and Silvertip Sharks. During your time in the Coral Sea we aim to do 2-3 shark attraction or shark feed dives, this will allow you get near enough to admire these amazing creatures, from the glint of their silver sandpaper skin to the ampullae on their snouts, and be able to look right into their eyes as they swim past.
Throughout your adventure you’ll be aboard Australia’s most awarded liveaboard; Spoilsport, she is run and managed by Mike Ball Dive Expeditions. She provides superb dive facilities and outstanding hospitality that will make you feel very comfortable. She has a twin hull design which maximises stability and passenger comfort in all conditions. Measuring 30m in length, Spoilsport has a dedicated crew of 12 people including the dive team, Master, chef and host. You can relax in the spacious lounge/bar inside or head up to the sun deck and enjoy the view over the Coral Sea. She accommodates a maximum of 28 guests over 14 cabins that are all serviced daily and have air conditioning. This vessel it an absolutely awesome way to experience the best the Great Barrier Reef and Coral Sea have to offer!
Travelling by yourself? No problem!
We can place you in a standard cabin where you will share with someone of the same sex. In some cases, a single supplement can be paid to guarantee a cabin to yourself!
This adventure includes:
- Transfers from Mike Ball Dive Centre to your vessel
- Transfer to Cairns airport or inner city hotels at the end of your adventure
- Accommodation aboard your vessel
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner daily
- 24/7 access to drinking water, tea & coffee
- DVD & book library
- Towels (cabin & dive)
- Diving (including tanks & weights)
- PADI Open Advanced Water qualification or equivalent
- 30+ dives logged and be comfortable with drift dives.
- Diving insurance such as DAN or equivalent
Non-divers are very welcome and this vessel is the perfect place to relax, unwind as cruise through your days.